Saturday, April 11, 2009

wrestling banguet

On April 8, We went to wrestling banquet for Jordan and Tommy who are nicknamed "Stormin' Mormon" and "Little Mormon."
It was an amazing night. The boys look up to Coaches Clear, Ashley and Daniels. I still have a clear picture in my mind of Jordan winning his match in district and running straight into the arms of his coach. Every young man needs that kind of relationship with a coach or someone besides their father for the way it truly enhances their life.
At Wrestling Banquet, stories were told about Stormin' Mormon and how nobody wrestles like him."When he wrestles," Coach Clear said, "I don't even try to coach him because I have never seen anyone pull off the moves Jordan can." Coach Clear talked about how Mormon "Jordan" can be losing a match and then pull one of his mormon moves and pin his opponent.
They actually had a new trophy made this year to be handed down each year. The trophy is to be engraved"Mormon Moves" and it was given to the wrestler who imitated "Mormon" the best, chosen by Coach Clear. "Little Mormon," as Coach Clear calls Tommy, was awarded this trophy. It was one of those moments that stay a lifetime in your mind to see Jordan award his brother this trophy!
Coach Clear went on about how his team are the best kids you would ever find. He explained how one night of traveling to a tournament the boy were wiping down their tables at a restaurant and he looked out the window and their was "Little Mormon" carrying out a little old woman to her car. Coach Clear expounded "I thought to myself please don't drop her." (Tommy said in private that he was only carrying out the lady's groceries).
We were so pleased with our boys and the example they set, not only our family but also for their religious beliefs.

3 comments:

Marlene said...

That is really cool. I am very proud of them too. Love, Grandma

Liz Johnston said...

that is wonderful.

Lisa Dyorich said...

I am so proud of them! They truly are becoming "Johnston Men".